The MoneyReady Forum
Administrator

I like to start the year by reflecting on the one past, and 2023 was absolutely fantastic for the MoneyReady App by every metric we have: traffic, registrations, subscriptions, and renewals. It's all from word of mouth, we didn't do any advertising.

I want to thank all of you who have supported the app not only with your paid subscriptions that keep the lights on, but also your referrals, and your feedback. I always find your feedback very useful so thank you for taking the time to reach out through the Forum or the Contact page.
I am continually improving the app and adding features and I want to particularly thank the people who have asked for features directly, or simply through their questions, feedback, and interesting discussions, that inspired me to write new or to improve features. 

Here is the list of new features and enhancements we announced last year with the Money Ready Forum usernames of the people I particularly want to thank.

January 2023:

• 100 Monte-Carlo simulations. (understandingTermite8)
• If you have started or applied for U.S. Social Security benefits. (forcefulFerret1)
• Foreign currencies for REVENUES, INCOMES, EXPENSES, and AUTOMATIC SAVINGS/WITHDRAWALS. (enlightenedSyrup4, forcefulFerret1)
• A model for the USD/CAD exchange rate was added to the Market simulations. (forcefulFerret1)

March 2023:

•  The MoneyReady Forum. (SheltieLover)
•  Accurate GIS calculations when reduced OAS eligibility. (enchantedTermite7)

April 2023:

• Implementation of changes to the QPP starting in 2024. 
• Ability to take CPP in Québec and QPP outside of Québec. (niceBumblebeeburritos8)
• EXPENSE Types, Subtypes, and Subtotals. (forcefulFerret1)

May 2023:

• CPP/QPP and OAS start age including months.
• Added a multiplier option to inflation for indexing. (immenseMuesli9)

June 2023:

•  OpenAI searching of all MoneyReady documentation. (WanderingMonkey)
•  Repeating EXPENSEs date picker. (brilliantChile0, forcefulFerret1)

October 2023:

• We’ve added support for Family RESPs and now allow multiple Individual RESPs for the same beneficiary. (communicativeTuna7)
• New Cash-flow Sankey diagrams in the year reports. (gregariousDotterel1)

November 2023:

• Notification emails from the MoneyReady Forum. (SheltieLover)
• ChatTVM: use AI for solving Time Value of Money problems.

December 2023:

• Rates for Short-term and Long-term financial planning. (sincereFish9)

If you use and like any of these features, I wanted to give all the credit to the users named.

Behind the scenes were many more enhancements. We have also greatly improved the site's speed, stability, and accuracy by adding server capacity, extensive testing capabilities, and more automated error checks and warnings. But still, along with all this new code in an extensive app as this one, it is inevitable for a bug to sometimes creep into production, and you can blame me entirely for those. 

So I also want to give a special thanks to all of you who have graciously reported anomalies you saw or asked for clarification. This greatly helped me find the bug if there was one or to clarify the app and its documentation to eliminate confusion. Many of you are already in the list above since the power users that use the app extensively and push it to its limits, are also the most likely to both see anomalies and to make suggestions. Additional thanks to sympatheticRaisins4, impartialLollies5, astronomicalToucan8,  stupendousSausage4, marvelousJerky8, incredibleBustard8, likableToucan0, decisiveGuppyhare3, courteousEggs8, fearlessRaisins5, enchantedTortoise1, focusedGranola0, lushEnzymeeukaryotefalcon1, adventurousBittern9, proficientLlama0, dependableTermite1, bustlingEnzymeeukaryotefalcon6, mountainousCheetah8. I thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Together, we are making the MoneyReady App the smartest financial planning app for you and all Canadians.

Onward to 2024! I wish everyone a happy and prosperous year.

Elisabeth Tillier, Ph.D.
President of MoneyReady

Hi Elisabeth,

This is a wonderful post summarizing all the work done in MRA in 2023.   Thank you for your ongoing commitment to improve MRA and to making it the fabulous software it is.   I often want to refer MRA to friends and family, but in reality, it is such a small part of the population that are willing and interested in managing their finances to this degree.  I don’t understand it completely, but this is my experience. 

The moment for me that changed my approach to  my finances was when I truly came to the realization that nobody will care more about my money than me.  So who better than me to take care of it? 

Here's to another great year in the MoneyReady world!  Cheers!!