Dear MoneyReadyApp users,

Happy New Year!
2019 was a very exciting year for me as I launched the MoneyReadyApp out into the internet world.
The response has been tremendous. I thank you for all the feedback and support you have given me as I continue to improve the most comprehensive and accurate financial planning app for all Canadians.
The MoneyReadyApp is only concerned with the future, and 2019 is now gone.
The app has been updated with all the 2020 tax numbers, including the new Enhanced Personal Tax Credit that was announced in December. Although not yet law, it looks likely to pass.

When you log in for the first time in 2020 you will need to do some updating before you can run the TIME MACHINE.
Review any CPP tables. The My Services Canada will not update your 2019 CPP contributions until later this year so you will have to estimate.
You will also have to review your PRIORITIES so that new tables are created for 2020. Remember to click Submit.
We assume all taxes are paid up for 2019 already. If you are expecting a tax bill you may want to enter it as a one-time expense (that is with the same start and end date) for the date you expect to make the payment. Similarly, if you are expecting a tax refund, you can enter it as a one-time Other non-taxable Income on the date you expect to receive it.
The advantage of running the TIME MACHINE in January is that there are a lot fewer inputs needed to consider for the first year.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Have a most wonderful 2020.

Elisabeth Tillier, Ph.D
Head of Money-Ready