The MoneyReady Forum

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to determine in determine in the Time Machine output, what MTR % is being used each year. Unless I'm mistaken I do not see this explicitly indicated in the outputs. Looking through the exported Excel, I notice that are several tax columns, so I'm wondering if there is a way to calculate it myself. For example, I think I can determine MTR by doing a lookup table against the "Taxable Income column AC". And I should be able to calculate Average Tax Rate if I divide column "Taxes and penalties column AI" by "Taxable income column AC". Unless there is an easier way, and I'm missing something in the outputs? thanks

Administrator

Hi,

There is a graph of the average tax rate, and it is calculated exactly as you say.
I do have an MTR on income already calculated. Would you like me to add that graph? 

Oh, thank you - I did not scroll down far enough to see the average tax rate  :)

Among other things, I was thinking the MTR information/graph might useful for evaluating RRSP trade-offs, e.g. if it makes sense to contribute now if future MTR is expected to be much higher, etc.

thanks for your help.

Administrator

Well that should tell you there are already too many graphs :)

I nevertheless added the MTR graph if it can be helpful.

Thank you, I appreciate you adding it. And thanks for reminding me about the graphs - I had not focused on them much before - but I am looking at them in more detail now and there is a wealth (!) of information in them. Stuff that I was trying to reproduce on my own which I don't have to now.