The MoneyReady Forum

How would you enter a credit balance on a credit card?  It appears that MR only allows you to enter the debit amount.

Administrator

The form does not allow you to enter a negative amount for the balance of a credit card loan. The issue is what would you want te TIME MACHINE to do with it? A credit balance on a credit card card is not a a good investment so usually insignificant and temporary.

Hi Elisabeth, I do agree it is usually insignificant and temporary, but it does skew the results as a credit balance is treated as a debit amount in TM.  Since we can't add a negative amount, I manually set the credit card balance to $0.00 and add the credit amount to an existing account balance.  I can live with this.  Cheers.  

Administrator

This is an old post, but I only recently realised the negative credit card balance can come from a Wealthica automatically uptated account, so not one you entered manually. It is dealt with by adding it as a deposit to your Wallet account in the TIME MACHINE so it's automatically taken care of.

Perfect.  Thanks Elisabeth!