The MoneyReady Forum

Hello,

I ran the Time Machine withdrawal optimizer and I noticed an external cashflow (not expense) of $10,269.55.  This value does not show up in the non-optimized scenarios.  

What does it mean and where is this cashflow coming from?  Is this something bad?

Thanks!

PS: I signed up recently and I am very impressed with what you have acheived with this application.  Well done!

Administrator

Hi and Welcome. I'm glad you are enjoying trying out all of the tools. You must have run the Choose Your Legacy tool to create a Legacy cash flow. That tool tells you how much to increase or decrease your spending and in what time frames so that you can leave the legacy amount you choose. It will save those suggestions as entries in your EXPENSEs table if you ask it to, with names like Legacy_1 and Legacy_2. The entries will show positive amounts when you need to increase spending but negative when you need to decrease spending. Negative expenses act as income when you subsequently run a TIME MACHINE or the Withdrawal Optimizer and will show up as such in the cash-flow reports. You would probably want to reduce the amount for other positive expenses and delete the negative ones, but we can't know what expenses you can reduce, so we can't do it for you.