The MoneyReady Forum

The issue I am having is the error message I am getting saying the CCPC cannot pay out a salary. I trouble shot a bit and when I add in another corporate account with a large balance it will no longer give me the error and everything works normally but obviously this throws off our net worth calculations. Is this an error? Since I have a revenue more than large enough to cover the salary but it seems to only be willing to pay a salary if there is enough money in the corporate account. Reading the PDF I understood that it should use the revenue first and THEN the account to cover the salary. Thank you.

Administrator

I can see the rules not allowing some dividends depending on the notional accounts, but if you have the revenues, then it should be able to pay out a Salary. To pay the salary, the program checks that there are enough retained earnings or corporate account balances it can draw from. To prevent a circular calculation, it uses the previous year’s retained earnings, because the current year retained earning are not yet calculated (and depend on the salary paid out).

In your scenario, the revenues don’t start until 2023, the same as salary, so it limits the payout in 2023 to what’s in the corporate account. After that it’s fine because 2023 earnings can pay the 2024 salary etc…

We can't easily fix this problem because of the circularity of the retained earnings calculation as mentioned, and the additional complication that any salary paid will add to personal taxes.

In the meantime, now you know how it works, can you start the revenues earlier?

So I solved the problem by using the retained earnings in the TIME MACHINE preflight, and getting rid of the revenue completely for 2023. This seemed to fix the salary payout and also doesn't affect the total networth.